EverythingALS Meeting: COVID-19 and ALS
Time & Location
About the Event
We are excited about our next EverythingALS Patient Community Meeting on May 6th at 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.
This meeting's topic is Covid and ALS. Specifically, we will have an expert panel of respiratory therapists and physical therapists to discuss the virus and its effect on ALS patients. We hope to see you there!
If you have any questions you would like to ask our panel please email them here and we will add them to this list of discussion points. Below are a few of the points that will be discussed.
- What would you say is the biggest impact on ALS patients due to COVID-19?
- In comparison with the traditional symptoms of ALS, how would a patient show symptoms of COVID-19?
- In your experience, what has been the biggest challenge for providers due to the virus?
- Do you have any recommendations for patients and families to protect themselves when many caregivers are coming in and out of their homes?
- What are some exercises and or activities patients can do at home during this time to either (strengthen their bodies, protect their lungs, increase mobility)
After the panel, we will have another open forum discussion for everyone to talk and connect. Please feel free to stay on the call for as long as you would like.
If you need assistance or more instruction on how to utilize Zoom, feel free to ask. Our team is very passionate about creating a safe and positive environment to share, learn, and discuss everything from Care to Cure for all ALS patients. We hope to see you there on Wednesday! If you would like to join our Facebook group for additional information, the direct link is listed below.